For Student Workers
- Search and apply for work-study and non-work-study jobs via a student-specific career opportunities site. Posted jobs are updated in real time.
- Conduct onboarding activities, including submitting federally required documentation.
- Set up pay elections, which include up to three direct deposit accounts.
- Track and submit hours worked for submittal and approval by manager.
- View and print pay slips.
- Review and complete training requirements and select appropriate learner groups in Workday Learning.
The Penn Employee Solution Center is available to help you with your questions. Knowledgeable Solution Center Specialists are available Monday through Friday during business hours. Call 215-898-7372 or email email@example.com, for assistance.
Quick Tips for Onboarding and Time Entry
- Access a video or tip sheet to learn how to search for jobs posted in Workday.
- Newly hired students will need to complete Self Service-Onboarding in Workday for New Hires (pdf) before you start working.
- If you are new to Penn employment, you will need to complete federally required documentation in person at Onboard@Penn within three days of your start date.
- Find the Workday@Penn Login on the upper right ↗ to access your information. You will only have access if you have an active job.
- Submit weekly time by Sunday, 9:00 p.m. ET. Access step-by-step instructions in this tip sheet, Self Service-Enter, Edit, and Delete Time (pdf). Some departments may have earlier deadlines.
- Resubmit your timesheet for the week if you already submitted your timesheet but need to edit a time entry.
- Perform a retroactive time adjustment if you need to edit your time entry after it has been submitted, approved, and paid out. Access step-by-step instructions in this tip sheet, Self Service-Enter Time Special Cases (pdf).
- Everyone is locked from entering time for the previous week from 1 PM Monday to 12 PM Wednesday. Perform your retroactive time for the previous week after 12 PM on Wednesday.
- Adjust a timesheet greater than 6 weeks in the past by working with your manager.