Workday@Penn end user training provides faculty, staff, postdocs, and student workers with a learning experience tailored to their use of Workday. Those who hold defined security roles have required training. All Workday users are welcome to take self-service courses.
- Tip Sheets provide step-by-step assistance, available when you need it.
- Workday Introduction to Self Service and Workday Time Entry, self-service online training courses, are available for all Workday users.
Robust roles held by Workday administrators require formal training and continuing education:
- View the Training Catalog.
- View the Training Schedule.
- Learners in classes in May and June of 2019 had great questions. Skim the the Q&A document.
- Register for Office Hours, for optional one-on-one assistance.
- Read the latest news and announcements.
- Subscribe to and read Workday@Penn Digest, a news round-up.
- View the schedule of upcoming live webinars on supplementary topics or view the video recordings.
Extra! Trainer's Blog. What have our trainers learned?
|Classroom Instructor-Led Training (ILT)||Classroom-based training for subjects that require detailed documentation and process learning. This includes Instructor-led demos, system exercises, etc.|
|Virtual Instructor-Led Training (vILT)||Online training event with an instructor driving the course in real-time|
|Tip Sheets||Easy to use tools that quickly provide relevant information on key concepts and step-by-step instructions for completing business processes|
|Computer Based Learning (CBL)||Online, self-paced learning webinars that range from 30 minutes to two hours|
|Office Hours||Office Hours provide you the opportunity to work through live scenarios in Workday with a member of the Workday@Penn team. You will work directly with real data and automatic approval flows.|