U@Penn Apps to Workday@Penn
Click on the links below to find instructions for viewing information and performing actions in Workday.
- My Profile
- Update Pay Elections
- Manage My Paid Time Off
- Requisition Management System
- Manage My Health Benefits
- Manage My Retirement Contributions
- My Pay
- My Tax Info
Update Pay Elections
Log in to Workday@Penn and make changes to your pay elections (also known as direct deposit). Step-by-step instructions are in this Self Service-Manage Your Payroll and Compensation Information (pdf) tip sheet.
Manage My Paid Time Off
Requisition Management System
Log in to Workday@Penn to create a staff job requisition, a functionality available to those who have the Workday security role of recruiting coordinator, which requires training. Step-by-step instructions are in this Recruiting-Create Job Requisition (pdf) tip sheet.
Access Interfolio@Penn for information on faculty recruiting. After recruiting, academic workers are hired into a position in Workday.
Manage My Health Benefits
Log in to Workday@Penn to view and make changes to benefit elections, benefit events, dependents, and beneficiaries. Step-by-step instructions are in this Self Service-Manage, View, and Change Your Benefits (pdf) tip sheet. Use this tip sheet during open enrollment.
For assistance with your particular benefits, please call Health Advocate. The number is 1-866-799-2329.
Manage My Retirement Contributions
Visit the Penn HR website for more information, or contact the Retirement Call Center at 877-736-6738 if you have any questions.
Log on to Workday@Penn to view your payslips in Workday@Penn. Step-by-step instructions are in these pdf tip sheets, Self Service-Manage Your Payroll and Compensation Information, Self Service-Understand Your Payslip, or Self Service-Manage Pay Elections.
My Tax Info
Log on to Workday@Penn to view your tax information. Step-by-step instructions are in this tip sheet, Self Service-Access to W-2, W-4, and State Reciprocal Forms (pdf).
Important Information for Tax Return Preparation
- W-2s since 2019 are available in Workday.
- W-2s in Workday will not display Box D Control Numbers.
- If you need Control Numbers to import to an electronic tax preparation service, please contact the Solution Center at (215) 898-7372 or email@example.com.
- You can also view your W-2s through the University's tax information management vendor, ADP W-2 Services, (please see below).
- Use the ADP site to access your tax information for the current year and prior two years.
- For copies of W-2 for tax years earlier than those available in Workday or ADP, contact the Penn Employee Solution Center at (215) 898-7372 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do you have additional questions on withholding and year-end tax documents? See the resources on the Division of Finance Tax web page. Note that University of Pennsylvania staff are not authorized to provide personal tax advice. Please consult with a qualified tax specialist or the IRS.
ADP Self Authentication for W-2 Access
- Visit the following website https://my.adp.com/static/redbox/login.html to create an ADP account.
- Click on "Create account"
- Click on "I have a registration code"
- Enter registration code:
- Upenn-0020 and click Continue
Next, identify yourself by entering the following:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Year of W-2
- Control number - Employee ID: 23-1352685
- Control number - Company code: UPA1
- Zip Code - your home address zip code in Workday
- Employee Social Security Administration number
- Click Next
- Rest of questions are personal to self authenticate.
To view W-2
- First page will be the Dashboard
- On upper left hand corner and click "Pay"
- Choose year of Tax Statement you want to view
- Download statement